Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UNT Catalog LC Subject Headings
Applications, resumes, CVs & Cover Letters
- Get a mentor – could be formal or informal. Look to LISSA or NMRT
- Gain experience – get a library job if you don’t already have one. volunteer
- Learn presentation skills – could mean toastmasters, anything
- Read, read, read – this means going where you want to be: professional organizations, listservs, blogs, professional journals.
- Emulate those in the field who are doing what you want to do
- Practice, practice, practice – write, post, do
- Translate all of this into desired KSAs. Knowledge skills abilities in job descriptions.