"Open pedagogy refers to collaborative teaching and learning practices that help educators to advance a culture of sharing and active learning through OER." (from the College Libraries Ontario OER Toolkit).
Open pedagogical practices can include collaborative curriculum development, open peer review, partnership with students on instruction and learning, development of new OER materials, publication of open access scholarship or pedagogical work.
1. Participatory technologies: Use Web 2.0 and mobile apps to connect around learning
2. People, Openness, Trust: Develop trust and openness in working with others
3. Innovation & Creativity: Encourage spontaneous innovation and creativity
4. Sharing Ideas & Resources: Share freely to enable fair dissemination of knowledge
5. Connected Community: Participate in a connected community of professionals
6. Learner Generated: Facilitate learners' contributions to OER
7. Reflective Practice: Engage in opportunities to reflect on teaching & learning
8. Peer Review: Contribute to open critiques of scholarship
See also the Digital Pedagogy page on our Digital Scholarship guide for some related resources.
Some free or open-source tools to use in the classroom: