OER are teaching, learning, and research resources released under an open license that permits free use and adaptation by others.
- Course materials
- Lesson plans
- Open textbooks
- Learning objects
- Any other tool, material, or technique that supports access to knowledge
OER allow users to:
- Retain: users have the right to make, archive, and “own” copies of the content;
- Reuse: content can be reused in its unaltered form;
- Revise: content can be adapted, adjusted, modified, or altered;
- Remix: the original or revised content can be combined with other content to create something new;
- Redistribute: copies of the content can be shared with others in its original, revise,d or remixed form
“Open Education” by SPARC is licensed under CC BY 3.0 / excerpted from original
For more information on OER, checkout the OER Toolkit from College Libraries Ontario.