Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Where Can I Get Citation Help?
The UNT Libraries provide print manuals and online style guides to assist you in correctly formatting papers and citing references. The links below take you to manuals and guides for the major citation styles. To see all styles available, visit the Citations and Style Guide.
APA Style Guide
The official guide is the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, available in print at the Libraries. The online guides are abridged versions of the manual. My personal favorite is the APA Formatting and Style Guide from OWL at Purdue University.
MLA Style Guide
The official guide is the MLA Style Manual and Guide to Scholarly Publishing (Modern Language Association of America). The online guides are abridged versions of the manual. My personal favorite is the MLA Formatting and Style Guide from OWL at Purdue University.
Chicago/Turabian Style Guide
The official guides are The Chicago Manual of Style, and A Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations: Chicago Style for Students and Researchers by Kate Turabian. The online guides are abridged versions of the manuals. My personal favorite is the Chicago Formatting and Style Guide from OWL at Purdue University.
Create and Access Your RefWorks Account
RefWorks is available to UNT faculty, staff, and students as long as the Libraries have a contract with RefWorks. To create an account, follow these steps:
- Go to the RefWorks login page.
- Click on the Create Account at the bottom of the login window.
- Enter your UNT email address, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org and create a password.
- RefWorks will send you an authentication email with a link to your new account in a few minutes.
- Next complete the registration, and then you can start using your new account.
- You can now login with your username and password through https://refworks.proquest.com/ wherever you have an Internet connection.
- Visit our RefWorks Library Guide to learn how to make your research more efficient.
To explore alternatives to RefWorks, visit the Reference Managers library guide.