Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find Print and Electronic Books
You can find print and electronic books using the UNT Library Catalog from the Libraries homepage by following these steps:
- Locate the blue search box on the homepage
- Select the Books & More tab to enter the catalog
- Select either the "keyword" or "subject" search from the left-hand dropdown menu.
- Enter your search terms and click on the Search button
Keyword search = using 2 to 3 search terms to search entire record of each book in the catalog.
- The catalog automatically puts "and" between the terms so all results contain all of the terms
- If you get too few results, then reduce the number of terms
- If you get too many results, add a search term
Subject search = searching with 1 or more terms used by the catalog to describe your topic. This search only looks at words in the subject term field.
- Find subject terms at the bottom of a book record in the catalog
Keyword and Subject Searches Combined = do a keyword search and then do subject searches.
- Do a keyword search with 2 or 3 terms
- Find a book on your topic and click on the title
- Scroll down the book's record and find the subject terms
- Do more searches with the subject terms
Recommended Searches in UNT Library Catalog
Keyword searches: stream assessment, stream ecology, streamflow, water biological assessment
Subject searches: stream ecology, stream health, stream measurements, water quality, water quality biological assessment
Be sure to try other searches as you see what terms are used in books and the subject terms.
Stream Ecology and Environmental Science Books