Skip to Main Content

Online Articles Search

Learn how to use the Online Articles search, the Libraries' discovery tool that searches most of our databases simultaneously.


Remember the 8%!

Don't forget that Online Articles searches 92% of the electronic databases available through the UNT Libraries. If you are doing research for a theses or dissertation, you need to explore the remaining 8% of databases to make sure you're not missing a resource important for your field.

In addition, Online Articles search is not a highly sophisticated database. The individual databases it searches have more powerful search capabilities to produce more relevant searches. So if you're doing more than a 3 to 5 page paper, you should search for your topic in the subject-specific databases also. Look below to find out how to identify your subject-specific databases.

Find Subject-Specific Databases


Contact Your Subject Librarian

The librarian assigned to your major department (or the department that offers your course) can help you determine if you are searching all the important databases for your topic. See the Subject Librarians webpage to find your librarian's contact information.

Browse Databases by Subject

When the UNT Libraries subscribe to a new electronic database, subject categories are assigned to the database. You can find your subject category and the databases assigned to it from the Libraries homepage. Follow these steps to access the individual databases:

Step 1. Go to the Libraries homepage

Step 2. Select the Databases tab from the Start Your Research section

  • Use the Browse by Subject dropdown to select your broad subject area

Database browse by subject on library homepage


Step 3. Scroll down the alphabetical list of electronic resources, read their descriptions to determine the best ones for your topic, and select their links to start searching. 

Step 4. Notice you can narrow your browsing at the top of the screen by database type (e.g., journal article, video) and database provider (e.g., EBSCOhost, ProQuest).

Refinements to database browse

Ask Us!

Need help? Then use the library's Ask Us service. Get help from real people face-to-face, by phone, or by email.

Ask Us!

Additional Links