Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What Is RefWorks?
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based research manager that allows you to create your own personal database of citations and documents for both academic and personal use. With RefWorks you can:
- Easily export references from electronic databases, the UNT library catalog, text files, websites and more into your account
- Quickly create reference lists for papers and projects in the citation style of your choice
- Store, read and annotate files.
Watch the video, Create Your RefWorks Account, or see the Introduction to RefWorks handout below to get started with your account. To learn about the basic and advanced functions, view the RefWorks video tutorials on this guide.
Create and Access Your RefWorks Account
RefWorks is available to UNT faculty, staff, and students as long as the Libraries have a contract with RefWorks. To create an account, follow these steps:
- Go to the RefWorks login page.
- Click on the Create Account at the bottom of the login window.
- Enter your UNT email address, e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org and create a password.
- RefWorks will send you an authentication email with a link to your new account in a few minutes.
- Next complete the registration, and then you can start using your new account.
- You can now login with your username and password through https://refworks.proquest.com/ wherever you have an Internet connection.
- Visit our RefWorks Guide to learn how to make your research more efficient.
To explore alternatives to RefWorks, visit our Reference Managers guide.