Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Find Print and Electronic Books
You can find print and electronic books using the UNT Library Catalog from the Libraries homepage by following these steps:
- Locate the blue search box on the homepage
- Select the Books & More tab to enter the catalog
- Select either the "keyword" or "subject" search from the left-hand dropdown menu.
- Enter your search terms and click on the Search button
Keyword search = using 2 to 3 search terms to search entire record of each book in the catalog.
- The catalog automatically puts "and" between the terms so all results contain all of the terms
- If you get too few results, then reduce the number of terms
- If you get too many results, add a search term
Subject search = searching with 1 or more terms used by the catalog to describe your topic. This search only looks at words in the subject term field.
- Find subject terms at the bottom of a book record in the catalog
Keyword and Subject Searches Combined = do a keyword search and then do subject searches.
- Do a keyword search with 2 or 3 terms
- Find a book on your topic and click on the title
- Scroll down the book's record and find the subject terms
- Do more searches with the subject terms
Suggested Subject Terms for Chemistry Books
Select a link below and you'll see a long list of narrower subject terms. Look to the right to see how many books are in each category. Find the term closest to your topic and select it.
Selected Chemistry Books
A selection of books published by faculty in the Chemistry Department and available online or at the Willis Library, 3rd Floor: