Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Searching for Media
The Media Library has two primary types of videos:
- Physical videos: DVDs, as well as older formats such as VCR, videodisc, and 16 mm film
- Online videos:streaming videos that can be viewed online.
When searching for videos, you will find both in the UNT Library Catalog.
To search specifically for streaming videos in the UNT Libraries catalog, you may perform a basic keyword search using "online media" as a search term. For example:
To search for DVDs or streaming videos in the UNT Libraries catalog, use the Advanced Keyword Search:
- Any Field: the search term of your choice
- Collection: select "Media Library"
Streaming Video Collections
If you want to browse streaming video titles, you can access the following online video collections and browse by discipline.
Video on Demand
UNT Libraries' collection of interdisciplinary streaming videos.
Faculty: Book a DVD
Once you have identified a DVD you want in the UNT Library Catalog, look for the box below the title and book the DVD in advance for your class to watch.
Enter your EUID and password to make the booking.
Faculty: Link to Video on Demand Content
Faculty often want to connect their student to films from the Video On Demand collection.
- Located the desired VOD materials in the UNT Libraries' Video on Demand Collection.
- Copy the URL from the "Film Link" section and paste it into the desired tool (email, Blackboard, etc).
Selected Non Profit Videos