The indexes below are particularly useful for locating research on signaling mechanisms in plants. Many include full text of articles. Note that you may simultaneously search AGRICOLA, MEDLINE and Science and Technology Collection in EBSCOhost (follow the link, connect to EBSCOhost and then select the databases before entering your search).
The periodicals below document research on signaling mechanisms in plants.
The searches below will identify all periodicals in the collections of the UNT Libraries for the indicated subject heading. Some of the resulting titles may be historical issues that are stored remotely. Some electronic issues may have embargoes on their most recent content.
The search box in the left column connects to the Libraries' Find Articles discovery tool that lets you simultaneously search 92%+ of our electronic resources for articles in the humanities, social sciences, or sciences.
A keyword search returns the highest number of results. The terms you search can appear in the fields for title, author, subject, main content or elsewhere within a record.
Refining Your Search
To narrow the results:
• Enclose words in quotation marks to ensure that the records retrieved include the two words as a phrase: "plant signaling"
• Add more topic terms or phrases: plant signaling hormones.
• Add specific subject terms (see box below) and search again.
The subject term that most frequently appears in research related to signaling mechanisms in plants is signal transduction.
Other subject terms that may prove helpful include:
• cell interaction
• cellular signal transduction
• molecular biology
• molecular recognition
• plant cellular signal transduction
• plant Development - physiology
• plant growth regulators - metabolism
• plants - growth & development
• plants - metabolism
• transcription factors - metabolism