Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Business Basics for GLAs (and others!)
This guide is designed to assist UNT Libraries' GSAs in assisting students with business research basics.
If you have questions or need assistance with any of the included resources, please contact Yvonne Dooley, the Business Subject Librarian.
Also, be sure and take advantage of our free subscription to the Wall Street Journal.
Business Collection Librarian
Typical Business Research
Business students are typically doing Industry, Company and Market research. There is always exception to the typical.
BRASS Business Guides (ALA)
Your best website for business orientation! -- by the American Library Association
Business Research Tutorials
The slide desks linked below cover:
- Overview of business research.
- How to use the UNT Libraries's subscriptions & Internet sites.
- Sample company: Procter & Gamble.
- Sample industry: the consumer non-durable industry.
- Find: industry codes, industry profiles, & company financial information.
- Look at a few typical business assignments & classes.
These modules were created by Jeffery Levy, retired UNT Business Librarian
Sample HRM library assignment
Lots of HR students use the library.