Be sure to click the Books & Media tab before you search in the box below.
A keyword search returns the highest number of results. The terms you search can appear in the fields for title, author, subject, content notes and elsewhere within a record.
• Example: Christian philosophy
Ways to narrow the results:
• Enclose words in quotation marks to ensure that the records retrieved include the two words as a phrase: "Christian philosophy"
• Add more topic terms or phrases: Christian philosophy history
The catalog will search subjects by keyword as well, but the most effective search will use the Library of Congress Subject Headings (LCSH). See the introductory page to this guide for more information about subject headings.
• Subject Keywords = Christian philosophy
• Subject Heading = Christianity -- Philosophy
• Subject Heading = Christianity -- Philosophy -- History