Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a web-based bibliographic manager that allows you to create your own personal database of citations for both academic and personal use. With RefWorks you can:
- Easily export references from electronic databases, the UNT library catalog, text files, websites and more into your account
- Quickly create reference lists for papers and projects in the citation style of your choice
- Share references with colleagues
RefWorks is available for all UNT students, faculty, and staff through the UNT Libraries. See the boxes below to get started creating your RefWorks account and reference database.
Tips for Using RefWorks
Off-Campus Use: If you are using RefWorks somewhere other than the UNT campus, you will be asked to enter a group code along with your username and password when you log in. RefWorks emails the group code to you when you register for your account (check your Junk or Spam email, if you don't see it in your Inbox). You may also contact Ask Us to request the group code.
Browsers: RefWorks works best in Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. If you're using Internet Explorer and RefWorks isn't functioning correctly, try switching to one of the other browsers.
Pop-ups: RefWorks functions with the use of pop-ups. Be sure to turn off your pop-up blocker, or add RefWorks as an exception to the blocker.
Create and Access Your RefWorks Account
RefWorks is available to UNT faculty, staff, and students. To create an account, follow these steps:
- Go to the UNT Library homepage.
- Select the Databases and More tab from the central search box and click on the letter R.
- Scroll down the page and click on the link for RefWorks.
- If you already have an account, type your user name and password.
- If you do not have an account, click Sign up for an account link. Don't use your EUID and associated password.
- Once you have completed registration, you will be emailed the UNT group code. Check your spam/junk folder for this email.
- You can now login with your username and password through the UNT Libraries homepage or at www.refworks.com