TRADING ROOM HOURS
From Michelle Bennett
The Trading Room, located in BLB 106, is now open for the Summer, 2013 term.
The general access hours for the 5W1 session are attached.
All students enrolled in COB classes, members of the Student Investment Group, and faculty and doctoral students in the College of Business may utilize the BLB Trading Room and Bloomberg software.
CoB faculty and PHD students may also contact Michelle.Bennett@unt.edu to schedule usage outside of the general access hours. Please announce the availability of this resource to your students.
Policies and Bloomberg documentation are attached.
Feel free to contact me with any questions.
E. Michelle Bennett
Dept. of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law
University of North Texas
Food and Beverage Policy
ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR DRINK OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED IN THE TRADING ROOM.
Welcome to the College of Business Trading Room information page!
Location: Business Leadership Building
Photos courtesy of Joey Macaraeg, UNT College of Business
ABOUT THE TRADING ROOM in BLB 106
- The Mission of the Trading Room is to facilitate finance education and research through experiential learning. The Mission is accomplished by providing a state-of-the-art facility with cutting edge technology.
- The Trading Room supports the Student Investment Group and the research of faculty and students in the College of Business.
- The Trading Room is open on the same schedule as the Computer Labs in the BLB. The Trading Room can be scheduled according to the priorities established below. To determine availability, check the Trading Room calendar on the CoB web site.
- The Trading Room is equipped with 11 computer terminals and one lap top computer with Bloomberg Professional access on all 12 computers. The room is equipped with stock tickers with 15 minute delay to actual market trading data. The room is surrounded by stock tickers to allow users to view real market data as it becomes available.
- Faculty members in the Department of Finance, Insurance, Real Estate and Law and other departments in the College of Business schedule class meetings and laboratory times in the Trading Room.
- Faculty members can also request that certain hours in the Trading Lab be restricted to use by their students.
- By completing the Bloomberg Essentials Online Training Program, students can earn an Acknowledgment in Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, and/or Commodities.
- From Noon to 2 p.m. on Sundays, the Trading Room will be restricted to persons who are seeking the Bloomberg Acknowledgement. Terminals will be available on a “first come, first served” basis during this time. Activity in the room will be limited to ensure that those studying and testing for the Bloomberg Acknowledgment have a quiet place to study and take the exams.
- "The College of Business appreciates the support by the Libraries in helping the College of Business and the FIREL Department enhance the tools and information available to our students. We are delighted to add Bloomberg to that 'tool box' and to be able to share it with our colleagues." -- Dr. Marcia Staff, Chair, Department of FIREL.
About Bloomberg Professional
- Bloomberg Professional is utilized by political and economic leaders for up-to-the-minute information.
- Bloomberg Professional is a service that allows users to monitor and analyze real-time financial market data and trades.
- The system is a secure, proprietary network that provides information from over 129 countries and 250 exchanges.
- Bloomberg also provides “real time” access to an amazing variety of news and information sources from around the globe.
- For more information about Bloomberg's financial services, please view this web site: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/.
- For today's market news: see the Bloomberg.com site.
- Bloomberg Businessweek.
- Bloomberg Guide: learn how to use the Bloomberg Professional service (designed by Peter Z. McKay at the University of Florida).